Monday, June 24, 2013

"The Lord has the best in mind"

                                 
Elder Goates, Elder Woodward and Elder Waidmann
Elder Woodward and Elder Waidmann
Hello!


So as this is called crazy times you know it is crazy times! Ok so....here its the news! I am training! Oh my goodness! I am so nervous, scared, excited, confused, lost, but comforted all at the same time. Like so here is the deal.  For the past couple of weeks everybody has been saying how I am going to train another brand new missionary this next upcoming transfer and I just kept saying there is no way! I am 18 and I just barely got here and I am not even done being trained yet! So now come to this last week it is Wednesday night. The day of training calls and I am getting ready for bed in the other room and Elder Goates came in and was like "Elder Waidmann, look!" And he was talking about the phone. And I thought okay he is just kidding with me and made it looked like President Calderwood had called us. And what was funny is how about a few minutes right before all of this happened I said to Elder Goates "well it looks like I am not training!" And I was quite positive about that because there are so many missionaries in our mission and so many other missionaries that would be so much better than me to train another brand new missionary. Because hello: I still feel like I just got here! Anyway so back to the phone: he showed me and then I saw it, we had missed a call from President Calderwood. I started freaking out nonetheless and then Elder Goates called him back and then needless to say he asked to talk to me. And told me that I had been called to be a trainer this next transfer. Yep. It was true. I am still so nervous right now! I feel like I still don't know any Spanish, or where I am half the time or the people in the area. But I know that the Lord will help me if I have faith. That is just what I have to have!  So yeah that is what is going on basically! I am super nervous. But I know that the Lord has the best in mind for His Children here in New York and the missionaries here too!


So this week was pretty great! We did a lot of visits these past couple days along with baking cookies for members in the ward that Elder Goates wanted to give them too. Man I must say that I got pretty good at mixing cookies without electronic equipment! I got some good arm work outs! :) Overall though everything is going really well. We went to Staten Island for their restoration concert on Friday and it was great! I had a really good time participating in it with Hermana Pagan! Man she is such a good singer! And Sister Blosil sang too! That was so great! Then we had our restoration concert on Saturday! It went really well!  We all really enjoyed it and the spirit was just so strong throughout the entire time! It was great! I am happy that so many of us were able to feel of the strong spirit that was there and feel the truth of the message that we were presenting. It was a great feeling for sure! The week was good and everything is going pretty great. I am just nervous about tomorrow and well these next two transfers because I have to train a new Elder and I still feel brand new! Ah its scary! But I am comforted in the fact that the Lord has the best in mind for me, my new companion and His children here in New York! And also Elder Woolley is training a new Elder with me too! I saw him at the trainer meeting this week and we were sooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to see each other!!! We like raced down the hallway and gave each other the biggest hug and just were so happy that we were doing this together! :) It was great! 

Here is the scripture for the week. It is found in the Book of Mormon in Alma 38:4-5.  It says  (4)"For I know that thou wast in bonds; yea, and I also know that thou wast stoned for the word’s sake; and thou didst bear all these things with patience because the Lord was with thee; and now thou knowest that the Lord did deliver thee. (5) And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

I love you all so very much!

Love, Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment