Sunday, June 23, 2013

"The Lord puts these awesome experiences in your life"

Well hello everyone!

This week has been really good and bust and crazy but good! It has gone by pretty quick! Everything in New York is great! I am glad that all of you are doing well! Today is Chris' 20th birthday!!!! Crazy huh!!!! Really cool though! :) Anyway! This week I got to go on an exchange with Elder Hernandez in my district and that was so much fun! We had a great time together and did some sweet stuff! We have been advertising our English class a lot because not as many people are coming and we really want to help out the community and find people to teach! I am glad that you are all doing well! That is just fantastic! Everything here is pretty sweet! The work is tough but good! Also we have been working in the elliptical a lot which is how we don't have areas anymore and our entire district has the same area and that has been really cool! There is a park that we go to now often that always has people and most importantly families! That we get to talk to which is really cool! I really like that! It gets me a chance to talk to people without them running away :) Because we are at a park! So that is way cool! :) On Saturday we played soccer with a bunch of members and youth from our ward with a bunch of Hispanic dudes and man they were so good! I was like sooooo this is how you play soccer!!! But guess what!!! I scored 2 goals!!! Like crazy huh!!!! So that was pretty sweet! I felt kinda accomplished when I did that!! Haha just kidding! But it was a lot of fun though and we are starting to get noticed in the community more which is totally and completely what we want! I mean there are thousands of people around us but we are trying our best to help others see that us missionaries are normal too! :) So that is really cool! And we are advertising a concert that we are doing centered around the restoration and that is going to be super awesome!!! It is this Saturday and Sister Blosil is coming to sing at it!! Wooo! So stoked! Elder Goates is singing too like a boss!! Because if I haven't said this before he was an opera singer back at BYU before he left and he was going to be in vocal point! How cool is that?? So needless to say he has an awesome voice! :) So that is going to be great! I am way excited for it! 

And also I had an awesome experience today when we were doing our laundry! SO I was sitting there about to pull out my conference ensign and read that when all of a sudden I heard Brandon Heath playing on someones phone. I was like, what the heck!! Then I realized it was some ladies phone in the laundromat and I just though that was so random! And then Elder Goates was like you should go talk to her and I was heck yeah I am! So then it turned into about a 40 minute long conversation about Brandon Heath the gospel and her life! SO cool! She said that she wants to come to church soon which would be so cool! :) I really hope that she does! The other Elders who are English would teach her and her family if they become interested but I am so glad that I love christian music because if I didn't I wouldn't have been able to have that experience! It was so cool! I loved it! It is cool how the Lord puts these awesome experiences in your life to lift your spirits! I don't know if she will be interested to learn more at all but I got to plant the seed of faith and hope within her and I hope she felt something different as I testified to her about the church. I love you all so very much! Thank you for all of your prayers and support!!!

Love, Elder Brandon Lee Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment