Thursday, November 7, 2013

You Too Can Be A Light

Hey everyone! It is Elder Waidmann here again!

I hope that all is well with everyone! Life here in New York is just so wonderful! Day by day everything that happens to me I am just so happy to experience. This area of Little Neck is such a blessed place! I am still learning my way around and trying my best to not get hit by anyone on the road! I thought that the driving here would be a lot calmer but it is still pretty crazy! :)

Being a missionary is a once in a lifetime experience! Something that I have realized though is that we can all be missionaries at any time. We need to be in all reality. The world is changing day by day and what is needed is people who can bring true hope, joy, happiness and peace. That is where we come in as missionaries and as members of the church! We have a knowledge of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! And hey! If you aren't a missionary or a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints then check us out! It is something that will bless you for the rest of your life! I promise! So just take a second and think if a gift was offered to you that you were told was the best thing you could ever have and it was free! Would you accept it? Well let me tell you I would!! :) So please accept our gift of a hand of friendship and take this great journey that we call life with us!

On the subject of bringing hope into a world that sometimes we think seems hopeless I can promise all of you that there is one solution to this all. Yes it may seem too simple and sometimes others think that it can't be true because it has to do with God. However I know with my whole soul and being that this is what can mend broken hearts and spirits. It can lift the hands of the weak, bring joy to the dreary and downtrodden and it can bring what we all need in life, light. What is the solution to these problems and the sure for the pain? It simply is the Gospel of the Master Teacher Jesus Christ. I know that it can solve these problems because I have seen it first hand here in New York. And I know that is works! :) It makes me so happy to see others that receive a renewed sense of hope and joy in their lives because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He truly can bring us peace and a sense of security in an often distressed and troubled world.

Christ truly does bring us hope and joy and light. He himself taught "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." I know that as we truly do follow the Savior Jesus Christ in all that we do we shall experience true and everlasting joy, peace, and happiness. 

But the question is how do we follow Him? The answer is fairly simple. We learn of Him and His ways. As we do this we come to feel a sense of closeness with our Heavenly Father and with Jesus Christ that we have never felt before. I can promise that I know that this feeling is real and that it is true. As I have been serving my mission as a full time missionary here in New York I have felt so much closer to my Heavenly Father than I ever have before. I have learned who the Savior is and how He wants us to treat others. I know that He lives and that He is real and that He truly does love us. We who have this knowledge need to share it with others. We have a light within ourselves that sometimes we forget about. We need to let it shine unto all of those that surround us. I promise that as we try to share this wonderful knowledge with those we care about we will help them receive so much happiness and so much love in their lives. As we share our light with our family, friends and those who we see on a daily basis the light in their eyes begin to grow. I know that this is true! The hope of God's light is real! Let us share it! 

God lives and loves us! He wants the best for us! That is why we are here learning and growing together. Let us reach out and take a hand and smile! :) I love you all! And for those of you who would like to receive this gift of love and hope...Come Join With Us! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment