Monday, August 12, 2013

Invite others to come unto Christ...


 
"Our roof adventure... super fun!"
"Check out this umbrella I found in the pad... it's HUGE!"
Hello Everyone!

This week was crazy, but so good! So first off now we have two other Elders living with us in our pad! It is crazy, but it is so much fun! It is way cool because one of them was really good friends with Elder Martinez in high school! I mean check that out! It’s a small world right?  But it is way fun! It is super crowded, but cool! We love being able to share our stories with each other and give each other advice about certain things in the mission! It is sweet!

So on Tuesday we had to take a bunch of our new Elder’s stuff to our pad and let me tell you… that trip back to the apartment was like the longest half an hour of my life! Haha … just kidding! We probably looked like bums with the suitcases, backpacks and bags that we were carrying with us!  Let me tell you, the people on the bus that we took back were probably hating us because the bus was SOOOOO crowded when we were making this trek back (figures … haha) and so it was so hard to get all of the stuff on there.  Then every stop we hit, more and more people were getting on and nobody was getting off! It was just adding to the crowdedness of it! So when it came for us to get off of the bus, it was definitely an interesting experience because I was stuck and wedged between so many people and I had to get through them all. Let me just say it was an adventure! Haha.  Just imagine me with an over 50 pound suitcase, 2 backpacks, a side bag and another bag! Crazy, right! I looked like a hunch back (according to Elder Martinez… haha) It was a fun journey though!

Last night we had a wonderful experience! We met a lady earlier during the week on the street and she acted like she knew us.  We then found out that her husband was a member and she expressed that she wanted us to come over and visit with them.  So last night we did and it was an awesome lesson! We got to know them really well and it was a fun and cool experience to be with that family. I really hope that we can continue to work with them and help them grow! She seems to have a desire to have her family in the gospel. It was really cool! I loved it!

Guess what? I have the Missionary Purpose memorized in 4 languages… Soon to be 7! I have already memorized it in English, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin!   It is super cool and I love learning it. This way when we meet people who speak different languages, we can explain what our purpose is as missionaries, in their native language. In English the Missionary Purpose is to: Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. 

I love you all so very much! Thank you so much for all that you do for me! Keep strong! I know that this work is true and that I am here for a reason!

Love,
Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment