Tuesday, July 16, 2013

"Preach the gospel and if necessary use words"


"This is what my wonderful district gave me... they are the best!"

Hi everyone!!!

I hope that you are all doing so well!! So it is crazy that we are already half way through the month of July! I find that just insane... the time is going by very quick. What is insane is that by the end of this week I will have been out for 5 months. Holy cow. That is just crazy! It really is! I mean I am nowhere close to finishing my mission, but hey 5 months has gone by insanely fast! I still feel like I just got here, but in a sense I feel like I have been here for a very long time :) Which is good too!

So here is an update on things: Elder Martinez and I are loving it here! I just love him to death! We are so much alike and he is hilarious! We both love the work here but we just need some people to teach! We are so ready to bring the joy of the gospel into others lives! We just have to find them! :) I love him so much! We are pretty much the same age so we have a very similar mindset to a lot of things which is way cool! 

We are trying to read through the whole Book of Mormon in Spanish together as a companionship by the end of our first 12 weeks together! Yes, it is a pretty intense task but we are up to it! :)  Also we are trying to practice our Spanish more... because hey, this kid needs it! :) I am the whitest gringo you know from California, so I definitely need to practice :) The Lord has definitely blessed me, which is so so so great! :) 

I am loving it here! Yes it is hard, but it is fun! I am trying to lose myself in the work and to just love everything and everyone even when in New York things are pretty crazy! We have a trainer and trainee meeting this week so I will get to see Elder Wooley and Elder Martinez will get to see his MTC companion.  He is way stoked for that because they were really close.  My testimony of the Atonement has grown so much this past week! I have learned so much and it has been incredible! I love NY!!! I love you all so very much! Preach the gospel and if necessary use words :)

Love, 
Elder Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment