Tuesday, July 9, 2013

"Our solace comes from Jesus Christ"


Elder Brandon Waidmann with his signed shirt by Brandon Heath.

Elder Brandon Waidmann with his birthday gifts.
Well hello there all!!!!

I am no longer an 18 year old missionary! It is kinda sad I have to say. I loved being able to say that I was 18 and I hate having to say that I am older! Me and Elder Martinez were talking about this earlier this week! We just wish so so bad that we could go back a couple of years and enjoy the carefree life again! Growing up. Not fun! But being on a mission is! Don't get me wrong here! Being a missionary is great! I love it so much! It is fun! It is hard but I love it! :) 

So this past week was a tough one but it was good! We are trying our best to figure out ways to find new people to teach and to help learn more about our Savior, Jesus Christ! Because that is the sole reason why we are here! I am realizing something that I wish everybody could just know and understand. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is different. Yes. There is no denying that. And I think that is what scares a lot of people from branching out and learning more. But the thing is, it really is the best kind of different there is in the ENTIRE WORLD!!! Seriously though! It is so true! I love being a missionary! And more importantly, I love being a member of this church. There is nothing like it... the best part is that as we do the things that Jesus has asked to do we are blessed beyond measure! It is so simple I love it! All we have to do is follow Him and strive our best to be like Him! He will always pick up the slack of  what we cant accomplish ourselves because HE loves US PERFECTLY!!! It is such a cool concept if you think about it! I mean really! Why would you not want to be like Christ?! He was so perfect and He still is because He lives! :) I love trying to be like Him and I love how He loves us so much!

Being here just strengthens my testimony of the Savior and His sacrifice for us so much! Rarely do I see the same person twice and just to think... He KNOWS everything about all these people. It really is incredible! It is amazing how His sacrifice for us all is so INDIVIDUAL and universal at the same time! It is just so cool! :) Individual to where He knows how to help us, to succor, love and bless us at every single moment because He literally knows how we feel! It is just incredible. That is what I want people to know! All we have to do is follow Him! That is it! Yes there are some things that are sacrificed and changed in the process, but once you do what He wants you to do, you look back and say... "Wow, look at the good I have done and look at the changes I have made. He does know what is best for me and I am so glad that I have done this". It is so true! I can testify of that with all of my heart! THIS IS TRUE. I would not be here in Brooklyn, New York spending day after day trying to get people to believe in something that I didn't know or think was true. That is just madness. But the truth is, I do know its true... because I have asked and had the truth confirmed to me by the power of the Holy Ghost...God's messenger to us! :) I know that things are hard in life, but being a member of this Church and knowing we always have someone to lean on makes EVERYTHING we do in this life worth it.

YES... Change is hard. But accepting the Gospel and living it doesn't mean you have to leave everything behind in your life. It truly means that you have more to hold on to. You gain more hope, happiness, joy, and love for others. It truly is a miracle. I love it. I live it! And I am so happy that I do! :)

I love this scripture from the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ! The scripture is from the book of Alma, Chapter 31 Verse 31.  It reads, "O Lord, my heart is exceedingly sorrowful; wilt thou comfort my soul in Christ. O Lord, wilt thou grant unto me that I may have strength, that I may suffer with patience these afflictions which shall come upon me..."

I love this scripture so much because it speaks of how our solace comes from Jesus Christ, Himself. He is the might healer of souls. He gives us comfort and rest in times of need. He is the only way and the light! I love Him!

I love all of you so much! Thank you for reading this! Please if anything, for those of you who may not be members and are reading, I invite you to learn more. I PROMISE with all of my heart you will feel something different! You will learn and be able to treasure so many new things. You will feel greater joy in your life. I know it. :) :) I love you all so very much!

Love,
Elder Brandon Waidmann

No comments:

Post a Comment