Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello From Elder Waidmann


Hello Family and Friends,
It is hard to believe that 2 months have already passed.
I thought finding people to teach would be a lot easier because there are so many people. But the problem is that there are so many people! And the area that we are in isn't really that highly populated with Spanish people so it is kinda hard. But so one investigator that we had told us that she was going to come to church this Sunday and she didn’t show so that was tough. And the problem is that also everyone works all the time.
It’s tough because when people aren’t working they are at home either sleeping or trying to do something with their families. But basically they are always working. But i am trying! So basically the Spanish is coming but I just don’t know a lot because we don’t use it a lot here but I keep working on it.  Thanks so much for all of the prayers though! It is much appreciated! ;)
On Saturday we do a finding activity and we play soccer so we can get investigators and less actives and members together with the missionaries and we played on the side of one of the roads in a field kinda thing and it was full of dandelions and it just totally reminded me of you mom and how I would always pick dandelions and give them to you and how you would always be so happy that I gave you one even though it was a weed :) Oh I miss those days :) So yeah the food is pretty good! We are fed decently! We only have like one or two nights a week that we aren't fed and that is probably because there are 3 sets of missionaries in our ward. Today we are going to the brooklyn bridge and I think next week or the week after we are going to the statue of liberty so that will be way cool! :) 

Oh and tell Tyler Nielson that I went to Coney island! Because right before I left he said hey "when you go to New York will you go to Coney island for me??" So I can proudly tell little Tyler Nielson that I have been there :) Everything is good! There are people everywhere! And that it is tough but I know that i am here for a reason! I just gotta keep plugging along and trusting in the lord! :)

Happy Birthday Grandpa Sprouse on May 2nd and Grandma Waidmann on May 5th. I love you both. Enjoy your birthday.

That is crazy about it being so hot back in Cali! Here it is raining today! Crazy right???

I know the church is true and love sharing it with all I meet.  Faith is confidence and trust in Jesus Christ that lead a person to obey him. Faith must be centered in Jesus Christ in order for it to lead a person to salvation.
Love you all.
Love,
Elder Brandon Waidmann



Elder Waidmann and Elder Wooley in New York the day they arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment